Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sundance at BAM

May 30-June8

I've been going to this for the past few years and there are always some great little independent films to see. Q&A with the filmmakers is always good too - the theater is small enough to see and hear them and not have to pretend they are little ants.

Some highlights for 2008:
Friday, May 30
Man on Wire - I've seen something on this man before - he really loves being up there. It's crazy.

Saturday, May 31
Gonzo: The Life & Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson - one of my literary heroes.

Monday, June 2
The Linguists - this is so fascinating to me. I've always loved languages and as the world becomes smaller, it's sad to think that we are losing a big part of what makes it so great.

American Son - I mean, Nick Cannon is in it. Also on Wednesday, June 4. Both days with Q&A.

Two Gregg Araki flicks:
The Living End, Friday June 6 w/ Q&A
Smiley Face, Friday June 6 w/ intro by Araki
Another one of my heroes. The Living End was his first movie and Smiley Face is his latest. They are two totally different films. I might be down for a double feature.

No comments: