Friday, May 30, 2008

Some Friday things


HOW CUTE IS THIS?? Organic cotton makeup/coin purse screenprinted with a purse design. Available from showpony at etsy. At 4x6 inches it's perfect for tucking away some lip balm and a compact for easy access in your giant tote.

I've been downloading podcasts again. Most recently, Radiolab, where I've learned about emergence and the science of love and attraction. Today I listened to The Splendid Table, where they discussed tamales served in a coffee can down south, teaching Peter Travers about wine, and great spots for picnicking (and getting picnic food) in New York City.

I need to find a way to do this - I had a radio show for about 5 years while I was in college and enjoyed it immensely. Mostly because of all the free music I had access to!


Also: WIRE!!! Tonight! My friend Richard hipped me to them back in college and I thought I'd never have a chance to see them live. Here is my chance. 7pm tonight FREE at the South Street Seaport.

No comments: