Friday, June 27, 2008

Shopping saves a shitty day

Vespas

Pride

Dainty

Ornate fire escape

Gonzo

Pho Bang

Swoon blue and gold


Okay so maybe more like shopping and pho save a bad day. From the get go, yesterday was the pits. Angel and I left early to check out a United Bamboo sample sale in Soho, where most of the clothing really were samples. Like I couldn't ever see them hanging on a rack in a store they were that bad. Really? You really thought this would work? I found some really cute pieces though, like this pair of adorable gold origami shoes and this playful black bubble dress but I just couldn't bring myself to shell out the cash.
Dejected, I suggested Opening Ceremony where we perused Chloe Sevigny's collection and oogled some miniature food jewelry. Seriously, rings made with miniature dollhouse ice cream sundaes and a serving platter of carrots with butter. I'd been wanting another pair of Melissa shoes so Angel inquired... and we ended up ordering a pair for each of us from their L.A. store. The staff there is so great and helpful you want to take them home with you and cook them dinner.

No comments: