Sunday, June 15, 2008

The weekend in pictures

Dripz

Friday, I met Ryan at Union Square and we headed down to Soho to do a little shopping at Uniqlo. I never find anything I like there, save for the occasional t-shirt or sweater. It's great for basics but falls short of even the Gap most times.

Acetone

On our way into the LES to Sutra to see DJ Babu of Dilated Peoples. I didn't have my hopes up - he wouldn't be doing anything too out of the ordinary or exciting and the music would be typical of regular club joints. And it was. We tried unsuccessfully to salvage the evening but in the end came home early. No brats, no beers, no PDT for us.

Shroom burger

Saturday - met up with a gang of people at Shake Shack for David's bday part 2. I'd just been there on Thursday so I stupidly ordered the shroom burger. Basically, it's 2 portobello mushrooms sandwiching a large portion of cheese, which is then breaded and fried to make the burger. It was about 2 bites short of disgusting. I will never order again. They've got the best fries here though. Stick to the Shack Burger.

Wave!

After lunch we got Slurpees at 7-11, loaded them up with Bacardi and headed up to the Boathouse at Central Park for some fun in the sun. Towards the end of our rowboat excursion it started to rain. Heavily. We stood under and awning for about 20 minutes before making a run for it. Rain in the summer is a lot of fun; we made it back to Brooklyn safely and got two bottles of wine to nurse us back to health, then watched Eagle vs. Shark. Which basically turned out to be New Zealand's answer to Napoleon Dynamite. Didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.

And today? Lots of lounging and napping. Lazy Sunday indeed!

No comments: