Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer Playlist

Ca$hflow

Today is Ryan's 1-Year (Yo!) anniversary at VNS (Visiting Nurse Services) of NY. So I met him and Eugi in Soho to get some cones at Van Leeuwen's ice cream truck, for now stationed at the corner of Prince and Greene streets. Delicious, naturally-made ice cream. We all got strawberry, which was blended smooth without any lumps of strawberries. Which I thought was great because usually, strawberries in ice cream or yogurt have the consistency of gritty rotten meat. Hello summer!

I wanted this to be a mixtape but who even makes those anymore? I am still holding on to this old stereo my friend gave me for Christmas many years ago that has a tape player in it. Because I do listen to mixtapes. From over 10 years ago even.

For this playlist, there are a couple of old tracks. Many are new or recently (like in the last year) released. Not your typical summer mix I guess - some songs are somewhat melancholy and slow, to match all the fragging rain we have been having this year. It's only about 40 minutes long, which gets me door-to-door from home to work. Enjoy.

I Hope I See the Sun Today:
1. Inni Mer Syngur Vitleysingur - Sigur Ros
2. Dust me Off - Tilly & the Wall
3. Sooner or Later - N*E*R*D
4. Cherbourg - Beirut
5. Rainbows - Dennis Wilson
6. Drops in the River - Fleet Foxes
7. Boneless - The Notwist
8. This is the One - The Stone Roses
9. The Sun Always Shines on TV - A-HA!
10. Eraser - No Age

Download it here
.

No comments: