Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'll let you in on a little secret



I'm flat footed. And thanks to my dad, I have weird bunions that cause slight calluses on the balls of my feet. This is why I rarely ever wear heels - it hurts too much and with all the walking you do in NYC it's impossible for me to wear them. Until I put some of these in a pair of heels:

Tip Toes by Foot Petals. I'd bought them many years ago but never used them. They cushion the ball of my foot and also prevent what I like to call "ogre feet." This is that strange phenomenon that occurs when women wear open toed heels - their feet slide forward and their toes shoot past the front of the shoe. To compensate for this, the toes either scrunch up on themselves like talons or start to curl under, gripping the front of the shoe for dear life. This is especially prevalent in platform sandals and espadrilles.

You think I am making a big deal out of this. I am - this has opened up so many more options for me, like the delicious candy apple red patent leather pumps from J. Crew pictured above. I want one in ever color.

No comments: