Thursday, September 18, 2008

Photos from The Mars Volta @ Hammerstein Ballroom

The Mars Volta

The Mars Volta

The Mars Volta

The Mars Volta

The Mars Volta

Flashing lights


The music: I don't normally listen to them but Alex absolutely loves this band. I bought some earplugs beforehand and they made all the difference. They are awesome live - really tight, crazy and just on it. I can see myself rocking out to them. Mind you, Alex listens to them to fall asleep.

The crowd: A lot of younger people. Mostly guys. One self-proclaimed fan of "stoner rock." A bunch of people who went to or wanted to go to Prog Nation. A few heshers. And one old couple - the woman was headbanging with her eyes closed and at one point was banging her forehead into my arm with her hands waving in adoration. Neat.

Here's some MV for your listening/viewing pleasure:



No comments: