Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Artifacts



Braille bottles, originally uploaded by switthoft.

This is a project by switthoft on Flickr - a set of four text messages printed in braille on used audio tape. Text messages they were unable to delete.

I know you have some. Spill the bytes:

Alex, 9/20/2007: Quit makin me mad

Ryan, 10/13/2008: Gtyf: Good thing you farted

Don't answer!!, circa 2004: I heard a knock but ceased reaching for the door because I knew tonight's chance for enlightenment had passed (since deleted, but sadly memorized)

MKL, 6/19/2006: When are you comin home I want cookies

Patty, 1/1/2006 (or was it 2005?): OMG NAM AND RICHARD ARE ENGAGED!!!!!!!

Putting the messages in this format and sealing them reminds me of Wong Kar Wai's 2046. "Do you know what people did in the old days when they had a secret? They would climb a mountain and find a tree. They would carve a hole in the tree and whisper the secret into the hole, which they would pack with mud so no one would ever hear it."

No comments: