Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturday in Pictures

A double whammy: Wintuk in the morning, the Jealous Girlfriends/Asobi Seksu at night. Brunch at Bar Milano in between.

Cirque du Soleil's Wintuk at MSG

Cirque du Soleil's Wintuk at MSG

Cirque du Soleil's Wintuk at MSG
I've loved Cirque du Soleil's productions since I was a child. My brother and I would watch them on VHS over and over again and I've always wanted to see them live. This was my first time and the magic is still there after all this time. I would love to see them in Vegas one day. From start to finish, magical and beautiful.

Bar Milano
Bar Milano is owned by the same people as 'ino and inoteca, two of our favorite Italian spots. This is the higher end version, with an extensive wine list and refined food menu. Our waitress was very knowledgeable in wines and we had a nice relaxing brunch in a cozy booth looking out into drizzly New York.

Jealous Girlfriends at Santo's Party House
The Jealous Girlfriends started off rocking the venue. Great band from Brooklyn.

Santo's Party House

Lightbulbs

Asobi Seksu at Santo's Party House

Asobi Seksu at Santo's Party House

This is my second time seeing Asobi Seksu live. To tell the truth, this is the way I prefer to hear them. Their recordings don't do them justice - they've been away from touring for a long time because of a new album (dropping early next year) but don't sleep on them next time. Here they are singing "Thursday," my favorite song of theirs:


This was June 2006 at Joe's Pub, which I went to with Ryan. I'd never really listened to them before which is always kind of a dodgy situation when going to a live show but their shimmering sound was too good. It was love at first tambourine shake.

No comments: