Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weekend update

Sock monkey slippers
What Valentine's Day? I'm a huge sap but for some reason don't like to celebrate it that much. I made a nice little dinner of roast duck with balsamic-apricot-port sauce, roasted parsnips and carrots with sage, a grapefruit-orange salad with mint and olives and chocolate mousse with olive oil. Any reason to make an elaborate meal and I am there!


During the day we did a little shopping - I've been wanting this sweater so I headed to Old Navy to snatch it up.

HOT BIRD


Mcq for Target
On Sunday I headed to the Target pop up store on the west side for the new Alexander McQueen collection. I thought it was going to be a madhouse but there were only about 20 people waiting to get in. I walked with a couple of cute tops and then headed to Purl Soho to pick up some yarn for a new project to work on at this Sunday's knitting group.

46/319 2009 Sullivan St in Soho

I strongly contemplated popping into Ushiwakamaru for a quick sushi lunch (gaaah!!) but decided against it. After only trying uni for the first time last summer, I feel like I have to make up for lost time.

47/318 2009 Me & Jake
Monday was pretty lazy. My only plans were to meet up with my old manager Jake for dinner. He has been living in Germany for the past 3 years and has managed to make it sound pretty amazing. It's nice to know that if we ever decide to make the move we will have a friend over there. Plus, we match!

Evil cat hates me

And the cat, wishing we'd never come home last night. Poor thing was tortured all weekend.

No comments: