Monday, June 8, 2009

Prints if you please!



I've abruptly changed gears and have been on the hunt for things for our upcoming move to the bigger apartment upstairs. For instance, these adorable Gocco prints by Argyle Whale, who I saw at the Renegade Craft Fair this weekend. We have so much wall space I can now buy things in small groups of THEMES. This one being animal love. Let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel.

There's a lot of different prints as well as notecards, etc. And I am supposed to be saving for new furniture. Ahahahaha!!

Things I will do with all that space:
1. The second bedroom will become Alex's DJ/music room.
2. The 5x5 Expedit bookshelf from Ikea will go in the bedroom, which will double as my work room. Art supplies, art books, knitting crap and more. There is a wall full of built in shelves in the living room for books, movies & photos.
3. The second bathroom will double as ... MY DARKROOM! Years of wishful thinking finally come true. I've already started looking up enlargers on eBay. A hint - make sure you add a "darkroom and developing" filter or else you'll end up with a search full of penis enlargers. Funny but also disturbing.
4. We can buy a full sized dining room table so I can start my supper club.
5. Rooftop access = herb garden. And BBQs!

Yes we will! If anyone has any good leads on nice vintage furniture, let me know. We need dining table, chairs (will take mismatched ones), a dresser, new couch (Alex's request), possibly a new desk. I'm getting free rein this time!

No comments: