Friday, June 5, 2009

When I hear that jingle jangle...

The Troggs, not Hot Hot Heat.

Group photo

Deb of Bonbon Oiseau hosted her first studio workshop this past Wednesday, where we made a pair of earrings and a bracelet. She taught us the basics of rosary beading and using head pins as well as how to measure out chain for a bracelet. She's great at teaching and very patient, especially when I had some very un-Zen-like moments while attaching charms to my work.

My finished projects

My finished projects! This is something I have been wanting to learn ever since I can remember. So now instead of just threading beads onto coated wire, I can do a lot more. Stay tuned for the etsy store.

In other news, our mothering landlord's knees have finally given out and she's asked us to trade apartments. What we're gaining: an extra bedroom, an extra bathroom, a wide open kitchen, tons of natural light, a HUGE living room, a HUGE bedroom, roof access, fire escape, and a wall full of shelves. All this for the same price we're paying now. We are only losing a first floor apartment and exposed brick wall. I figure it is a fair trade :)

We only have to confirm it but move date is set for July 1st. I am actually pretty excited, as opposed as I was. This will give me enough room to start my supper club!

No comments: