Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A squirrel, a hamster

New yarn shipment

I have a problem. This is one yarn shipment I received this week, and I still have enough yarn for two other projects, only one of which is started, and only 1/3 finished at that! These will all be made into thinner, warm weather cowls of different stitches - I found a couple of great resources online and am learning a lot of new stitch patterns!

Vogue Knitting's Stitchionary
Knitting Fool's Stitch Library

New project
This is a stitch pattern called "Op Art" from Vogue Knitting that I'm making into a long cowl with a provisional cast-on. It looks really complicated but it's a great pattern because you know exactly where you are at any point in time - you just have to count back from the start. This way, if I lose track, I don't have to freak out and start over.

My current project
This is called "Shell Lace" and is also a fairly easy lace pattern. It's pretty much finished - I blocked it last weekend and only need to stitch the ends together and weave in loose threads from where I joined skeins.

Stay tuned!

No comments: