Monday, March 29, 2010

Early morning knitting


Brioche Progress Shot, originally uploaded by knittingand.

No, this is not my knitting, I was searching for brioche stitch pattern photos on Flickr and this one caught my eye.

Yesterday I finished that seed stitch striped cowl I have been working on for the past two weeks. Photos to be posted later as this shitty gray day leaves much to be desired in the way of lighting.

This morning I stupidly tried to teach myself how to knit brioche, which is a way of double-sided knitting. You end up with a very stretchy-squishy piece of knitting that looks good on both sides. It looks especially interesting when you knit with two or three colors, where you can make vertical stripes or an interesting alternating color pattern. Needless to say, as with much new techniques I had to do a lot of trial and error. I was late to work but now I'm super inspired to try out these new stitches! Stupid work.

My next project will consist of different brioche stitches - I might need to slap myself a few times to get my head on straight but stay tuned!

Here is a great resource for learning brioche.

No comments: