Friday, March 12, 2010

Power to the crystal

Since seeing these awesome (and awesomely expensive) crystal-embedded-in bullet casing necklaces by Unearthen last year, I've been lusting. Looks like others have too:

Gold-dipped citrine by solisjewelry on Etsy - this is really pretty and delicate. I love that she integrated the top of the stone into the findings, which makes it a little more streamlined and delicate.

This is by savagesalvage, also on Etsy. It's called the Stalactite Necklace and features 3 separate Madagascar crystals.

This is one I spotted at Makool - I love the look of layered chains and also the length of the crystal.

This doesn't have any crystals in it these body armor pieces inspired by Bliss Lau have been nagging at me for a while. This is another Etsy find, this time from ashaloo. She has a lot of medieval-inspired jewelry. Her knuckle armor rings and headpieces are especially interesting.

With spring almost here, I'm looking to pick up some new jewelry pieces and these seem to be right up my alley.

BUT. I am also waiting to see what Ms. Bonbon Oiseau's got up her sleeve. Fresh from a vacation in Oaxaca, she is gearing up to unveil her Spring 2010 collection soon (I hope I hope!). I got a sneak peak last year and can tell you - it'll be worth the wait! Save your chests for new some new bonbons, trust.

Also be on the lookout for some new pieces by Lazysundae Knits - I am working on a prototype right now and will be on hand to model it once it's done. Meanwhile, you can peep some new spring pieces at the store!

No comments: