Saturday, May 1, 2010

Drifting & floating & fading away


Red Balloon, originally uploaded by lazysundae.

Went to the Flea today to get in some last eats before I leave for Kenya. I had a shrimp roll from Red Hook Lobster Pound, a Maine Root root beer and then I got a quarter pound of organic lox from Mile End.

I also picked up a couple of tomato seedlings from Groundworks and planted them. I'm hoping they'll be in fruit by the time I get back...

That said, I'm pretty much all set to go. I've taken almost all my typhoid pills, I've gotten polio, yellow fever, tetanus & hep a vaccines, and i will start my malaria meds on Monday.

Everyone's freaking out about mosquitoes and OMG don't drink the water! While I appreciate the concern...
I've lived in the Philippines. I've been to India, Thailand, Indonesia. You can only prepare yourself so much, but at the end of it, whatever happens happens. I'm not stressing and I'm very much looking forward to the trip.

We are giving a lot to the community by providing money to build schools, wells and health clinics, but they will be giving us even more by taking us into their homes and sharing their culture.

See you on the flipside.

No comments: