Thursday, February 28, 2008

Girl slits wrists at concert, dies a happy death

I think it was my friend Andrew who first introduced me to Feist about 4 years ago. I fell in love at first listen. Last year was my first time to see her in concert and I kicked myself in the head for not seeing her sooner. She was on tour with Grizzly Bear and had a tap dancer come out and do the beats for one of her songs while she strummed on her guitar. She is great live - slightly goofy and always entertaining. This year, she will be at the Hammerstein Ballroom in April with...

Hayden, also from Toronto. I first fell under his spell when I was but a youth, at the tender, impressionable age of 16. That's over 12 years ago - I'll slap myself silly. Crying guitar + gruff voice = the stuff high school angst is made of. Listen to a clip of "Assignment in Space with Rip Foster" from his album Everything I Long For (I made myself a necklace that said this, once).

Tickets are on sale now for $31 at @#*!!**#&$* Ticketmaster for April 29 and 30. Run, don't walk.

No comments: