Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Say, "Kawaii!"



I've been fiending for a new camera. First I wanted the Polaroid Night Cam. Then the Yashica Electro 35. But I decided on this little Fuji Instax Mini (the site compares it next to the Polaroid iZone).

I'm a huge Lomo.com fan but except for their LC-A, I wouldn't really buy anything else off their site. Mainly because it's expensive as hell - I found my little Fuji on eBay for $52 including shipping and one 10-pack of film. At Lomo they were selling this set for $200. I don't need the cool factor tho.


I'll be taking this, my digital cam and my LC-A to Austin with me - that's quite a camera arsenal but I'm looking forward to taking lots of photos in WARM weather. And if I really want to FOB out, check out the image to the right - there are tons of different frames available, including Winnie the Pooh, Mickey & Minnie, and Tinkerbell. Oh HELL NO.

It's a fun option for sure but I don't think I'll be using it any time soon. I also ordered a bulk pack of instant film. The quality is a lot better than Polaroid's - the thing to get now is a new scanner.

Oh boy...

No comments: