Friday, February 15, 2008

Staring at the sun

TV on the Radio tonight at BAM Cafe - starts at 10pm and it's FREE SO FREEEEEE!

It's a 3-day weekend for me, which I haven't really been paying attention to. So it comes as a pleasant surprise. I don't have any real plans except to relax and watch DVDs. I have: Emmanuelle, The Wicker Man (the OG 1973 version) and The Kingdom disc 1 (Lars von Trier). Mostly disturbing, which I seem to be leaning towards lately.

I had a weird dream last night about a talking horse. I was trying to lead it up this bank, that I had to climb up except the front looked like a big bookshelf. The horse was scared and it could talk. So every time I tried to do it, he would try to talk me out of it. We finally did it. Cut to next scene, I'm at a buffet. I'm trying to get a plate of noodles with steamed whole shrimp (heads, tails, everything) and wondering if the horse will eat it.
Alex: Well that's a typical dream for you - it involves horses and food!

Speaking of which, I went to the eye doctor today. There were all these photos of him on horses at horse shows. Turns out he used to do showjumping as well. I can't escape it. I got a week's worth of free daily contact lens samples out of it. AND numbed eyeballs. It's the weirdest sensation to have, to be blinking over eyeballs that can't really feel anything.

No comments: