Friday, April 4, 2008

Tonight, tonight

Wong Kar Wai's latest, My Blueberry Nights opens tonight. I haven't read any reviews yet and I probably won't. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Starring Norah Jones, Jude Law, Natalie Portman, Rachel Weisz and David Strathairn (Sneakers, Good Night & Good Luck), who I love. It's WKW's first film without Chris Doyle (ever? in a while?) so I'm interested to see how it looks. Watch the trailer here. Here's to hoping it doesn't suck. Movies are $12 now. If anyone sees this before me, I don't want to hear about it. I'll catch up with you next week after I see for myself.

Speaking of - did anyone catch WKW at Opening Ceremony on Wednesday? I couldn't leave work in time. I'm wondering what the crowd was like. Probably a mix of regular hipster shoppers and chubby Asiaphiles looking for dates.

On a semi-related note, here's an interview that WKW did with Tony Leung, star of many of his movies, including In the Mood for Love and 2046.

No comments: