Monday, May 19, 2008

The ultimate score & other things

It is motherf-ng sample sale season. I scored this Helmut Lang dress at one last week that I went to with Angel. Originally $290, it was down to $73. How could I say no - I'd seen it elsewhere on sale for $145 but in a size large. There were other great finds as well, such as a pleated shirt dress in khaki with black inside the pleats, from Rag & Bone but a) it was $130 and b) I had to ask the dressing room attendant to help me yank it off over my head.

Picture borrowed from The Trendsetter Files.

At HK Flea I scored an old Sak's Fifth Avenue belt (wide & navy) for $15 as well as a Vera scarf for $2.

I also spied a great little Gucci purse that looked like a saddle bag but it was stained and they still wanted about $85 for it. I could've haggled it down but who wants a stained bag? I am definitely going back soon - there was a lot of great old estate jewelry I didn't get to sift through.

My favorite piece is a dichroic ring from Gilmor Glass that I bought at BK Flea. It's a giant glass cocktail ring cut like an uneven diamond. Gilmor Glass is located in upstate NY and they offer glassblowing classes (starting at $400 for a full day!). I am feeling these giant baubles right now, after many years of not wearing rings. I am also liking very simple stacking rings. IE:


Razor stacking rings from Teresa Kahres


Hammered stacking rings by Anne Kiel at SupermarketHQ

No comments: