Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Vanity Fair's Proust Questionnaire

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Never having to worry or get stressed. About anything.

2. What is your greatest fear?
Growing old and decrepit.

3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I'm an asshooooooooooole

4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Narrowmindedness - picky people. People who try to tell me what to do all the time. People who always have to be FIRST.

5. Which living person do you most admire?
Mommy

6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Food!

7. What is your current state of mind?
Ready to shoot my face when I wake in the morning.

8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Honesty!

9. On what occasion do you lie?
Hardly ever now. In the past, when I'd get caught sneaking out. Hi Mom!

10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Nothing. I truly mean that.

11. Which living person do you most despise?
Ooh. Um... I'm not exactly at liberty to say.

12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
Their need to protect.

13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Their ability to listen. And then they will let you cry on their shoulder without trying to solve the problem for you. And usually, they have pretty sound advice.

14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
-------y Mc------son. IE: Drunky McDrunkerson, Smoky McStonerson, etc.
Goddammit.
Son of a bitch.

15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Horses.

16. When and where were you happiest?
When I was but a youth.

17. Which talent would you most like to have?
I really wish I had some musical talent.

18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
See above. And I wish I was more patient.

19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being able to live in NYC without any support from family.

20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
A white chick.

21. Where would you most like to live?
Europe - Spain probably.

22. What is your most treasured possession?
My cameras.

23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Rock n roll suicide

24. What is your favorite occupation?
Marine biologist or food scientist.

25. What is your most marked characteristic?
My big stupid laugh.

26. What do you most value in your friends?
Comfortable silences - knowing without saying.

27. Who are your favorite writers?
Joan Didion, Aaron Cometbus

28. Who is your hero of fiction?
Oh. Batman!

29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
This is truly gay but Kerouac.

30. Who are your heroes in real life?
Pretty much anyone who's doing what they love and able to make a living from it. You are all my heroes.

31. What are your favorite names?
Noah, Remy, Bella

32. What is it that you most dislike?
Working to live instead of living to work.

33. What is your greatest regret?
Not really a regret but I wish I'd thought my college major through - I'd be something completely different right now like a marine biologist or anthropologist.

34. How would you like to die?
Shot through the heart.

35. What is your motto?
Life is a B and then you D
and, Don't knock it til you've tried it.

No comments: