Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend

On Friday we decided to check out some bars in our area. We headed first to Tavern on Dean, which didn't have the vibe we were looking for. So we kept walking down Underhill until we hit Vanderbilt, and ended up at Barrette, new since September 2007. We were drawn in by the site of a burlesque dancer in the back and were kept in with the choice of tap beers and interesting cocktails. I started with a Strawberry Negroni (the classic drink with muddled strawberries) after which I had an Albino Python, a white lager from Coney Island brewed with coriander and ginger. It was like drinking juice! So refreshing and summery. Food is served til 3am, and happy hour daily from 4-7, with a second happy hour from 2-4am from Sunday to Thursday. You can bet your tassels I'll be back.

On Saturday I did a little networking. More on that later, hopefully. All I can say is, I am finally getting my ass in gear and out of an office chair. For this I am very grateful and excited. Afterwards, we headed down to the West Village.

Rays
Beautiful rays from behind the clouds

Corner Bistro
Corner Bistro, where we had an early dinner. Their burgers are solid but the buns could be better. Cheap beer too.

Constructicon
Excavator at a construction site

Good Wood
At 3rd Ward gallery in Bushwick, to see my friend Unplate's work. This was my favorite, but the name of the artist escapes me right now. For more photos of the decks being auctioned, check their Flickr set.


On Sunday, we biked to Williamsburg to catch a concert at McCarren Pool but it looked like rain. We decided to bike then ended up at Dumont for a late brunch. We biked home, in some light rain and then watched the first two episodes of Shadow Warrior, an old Japanese TV show from the 70s starring Sonny Chiba. Good good stuff.
Os Gemeos, Alex
Alex posing by art by Os Gemeos, now on view at Deitch

No comments: