Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's looking better all the time

Fulton Ave Sunset


The Bad News:
1. Yosemite on fire.

2. I bought tickets to see the Apples in Stereo and Earlimart at the Brooklyn Masonic Temple (5 mins from my apartment) but it got cancelled.

3. My job leaves much to be desired. And I can't start the one I want without a) paying more money to go back to school or b) working for free as an assistant. Though there is a silver lining here.


The Good News:
1. Summer Friday tomorrow. The weekend starts now!

2. Watching the Dark Knight at midnight tomorrow - IMAX.

3. I know what I want to do finally but it is a matter of psyching myself up to do it. In order to do what I want, I need to have a flexible schedule. I have also wanted to start a supper club run out of my apartment, where I cook a 3-course dinner for 4 people at a time, at around $30-40 per person. Since Alex works nights, this would be great to do during the week. Plus it only requires about $1500 to start it up, for more furniture, table decor, seat cushions, cookware and table settings. I could set my own schedule, which would leave me free to freelance as a food stylist/photographer. And even tho this other venture will take a lot of on-the-job training for free, I'll still have some income from the supper club.

Easy peasy. So they SAY.

No comments: