Monday, November 24, 2008

More time wastin

Will post Saturday shenanigans later. Just joined Musebin, a one-line music review website still in beta. This seems a perfect format for me as I hate wordy, extraneous reviews. Some recent gems of albums I have (not written by me):

On Boards of Canada's Music Has a Right to Children: These kids have no faces. Fortunately, you can have yours melted off as well while listening to these electronic sweeps.

And also: Cracks open the doors to a misty, sun-drenched, ethereal childhood that you though was long since lost.

My review: Rainy day brainsplosions.

On Kleenex Girl Wonder's Ponyoak: Great lo-fi indie-pop indulgence. Makes the Big Brother list of albums you should foist on others.

On David Bowie's Low: DB's art-rock masterpiece still sounds fresh & futuristic after 30 years with styles from post-punk to spacey funk to ambient euro-chill. (This is the kind of music review I cannot stand. Too label-y.)

On albums I do not have:
On Kanye West's 808s & Heartbreak: While it's his most daring and polarizing release, it's also his best. The pop-hip-hop answer to "Closer" and "Disintigration."

On Guns n Roses' Chinese Democracy: Chinese Democracy is not like reviewing music. It's like reviewing a unicorn. Should I be primarily blown away that it exists at all?

Etc. etc. etc. Like Twitter, you only have 140 characters to make your voice heard each time. And, you can have all your reviews shared on Twitter. What I want to know is, where's the movie site?

No comments: