Monday, November 17, 2008

Saturday in Pictures

On Fulton

Yellow Gingko, Green Boots

View from Ikea

Lighting

Swedish Meatballs!!

Red Hook Signs


Photos before my back gave out.

Some background on my lower lumbar: my last stint at the farm, I was riding a young horse around the ring. It was only my 2nd or 3rd day there. He spooked at some cows and did a little crow hop sideways. I wasn't ready for it and next thing I knew, I looked down and there was no horse! So I landed on the ground right on my tailbone. Long story short, my back was shaped like an "L" and my right foot was about 6" higher than my left. I had to go to the chiropractor 3x a week for about a month, after which he said I was pretty damn lucky to not be injured forever and ever.

Fast forward to last week: I did some pilates after about a month without exercise thinking it'd do me some good. The next day, I bought a lamp in Soho and had to carry the thing from Broadway all the way to 6th Ave, dodging tourists on Canal Street. Then on Saturday we went to Ikea where I picked up one of those giant yellow bags and stuffed it with kitchen things. All these things culminated in the 2008 Fall (Back) Blowout of one lazysundae.

I'm at work today but I'm leaving right at 5pm. Please let there be a seat on the train.

On a brighter note, I didn't realize how easy it was to get to Ikea from Clinton Hill! We took the B26 (you can also take the B25) at Washington and Atlantic to Borough Hall, where there is a free Ikea shuttle every 20 or 30 minutes. Coming back we took the B52 which left us one block from home.

There's a lot to see in Red Hook that we are missing - will be back for sure.

No comments: