A heavy load of laundry? An overzealous back massage? A horrible coughing fit? The fat ass cat? I don't know what rendered me couch-bound once again this weekend but I felt better as soon as I put Breakfast at Tiffany's on.
This is a screenshot from one of my favorite scenes (the other one being the party scene in Holly's apartment) where Holly and dear Fred spend the entire day doing things they've never done before.
1. I've never been to the Cloisters. Or the Fricke Museum. Or the big NY Botanical Garden in the Bronx.
2. I've never taken the Water Taxi anywhere.
3. I've never actually been to Katz's deli but I have eaten a pastrami sandwich from there. It doesn't really count.
4. I've never been to Staten Island except to board or deboard the ferry.
5. I've never been to the racetrack but I've been dying to go to Belmont Park.
6. I've never watched a minor league ballgame.
7. I've never ice skated at Rockefeller.
8. I've never been to a live show taping.
9. I've never been to Saks. Or Bendel's.
10. I've never tried on an extravagantly expensive outfit just for fun.
11. I've never stopped a celebrity to ask for a picture or autograph. In NYC anyway.
12. I've never walked through Central Park at night.
13. I've never seen the Macy's (or Bloomingdale's, or Saks, or etc) Xmas window displays during the holidays.
14. I've never cooked an entire meal consisting of ingredients only purchased at the green market.
15. I've never ridden the train from one end of its route to the other end.
16. I've never ridden the gondolas to/from Roosevelt Island.
And you? Wouldn't it be fun to spend an entire day or even weekend doing things you've never done before? Too bad I'm feeling adventurous just when my body's given up on me.