Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Broken

5/360 2009


This is my MRI film. It shows two herniated discs between the 4th and 5th, and 5th and 6th lumbar. We are treating the disc between the 4th and 5th with spinal decompression treatment, using a machine called the DRK-9000 which basically helps to stretch that specific area. The disc is like a jelly donut. When it's herniated, the jelly is spilling out and pressing on the spinal nerve. This is what's causing the pain. When I'm in the machine getting stretched out, the jelly has a chance to flow back in. 6 weeks of this.

Last night I had a dream - I was still in my old room on Scholes St. I woke up and there were two rabid squirrels in my room! Running and running and making weird "TCH TCH TCH!!" noises and hissing at me. I finally got rid of them, but turned around only to see a big ass monkey ready to pounce. Gah! Maybe it's indicative of how I feel at work when everyone and anyone just walks into my cube to take food, forks, forms, etc. when I am trying to work. Ya'll are monkeys.

No comments: