Friday, April 17, 2009

Twirl for springtime

I know I've been neglecting this blog. I've been posting a lot of quick little things on my tumblog, which you can see here. They just make it so easy to do with the little toolbar button that coming here to do an actual blog post seems tedious now. But that is just me being lazy. What I really wanted to tell you today is that the Brooklyn Flea finally comes home to Fort Greene this weekend! After several cold months spent indoors in DUMBO, this Saturday Bishop Loughlin Memorial High opens its playground once more to empanadas, artists and crafters. On Sundays the Flea will remain in DUMBO so now you can have your fill all weekend long.

The Flea is joining forces with the Brooklyn Botanical Garden to promote their cherry blossom festival, which happens in early May. The BBG has picked 5 Flea vendors including Bonbon Oiseau (jewelry), Foxy + Winston (stationery and silkscreen printing), Kimono Lily (vintage Japanese kimonos), Kumquat Cupcakery (duh), and Osborn Design (art/crafts/felt squirrels).

Here's a sneak peak at some of Deb's beautiful creations:



Every time I tell myself "Just going to look..." I can't help it - I end up coming home with a new Bonbon!

No comments: