Friday, January 22, 2010
I've just started following this blog fieldguided and was inspired by this post of emergency things needed to get through winter. So I figured, we still have at least two long months left. Here's what helps me stay warm and happy:
1. Warming foods like cassoulet (Alex has been begging me to make this soon). I've just discovered Ben's Kosher Deli up the street from my office, where they serve the most delicious, healing matzoh ball soup. The matzoh ball is so fluffy and big and tastes so chickeny it is the best comfort food for the cold. Also BCD Tofu House's soon dobu. This weekend I will attempt a Taiwanese spicy beef noodle dish. With handmade noodles.
2. Lots of knitting projects
3. Breakfast at Tiffany's
4. Scrabble at home with a nice bottle of red
5. Looking forward to my trip to Kenya
6. Friends and family coming for a visit
7. Lounging around all weekend in Uniqlo's Heat-Tech leggings
8. Podcasts - This American Life, The Splendid Table, KCRW's Good Food and Radio Lab are tops on my list.