Thursday, September 16, 2010

Action & action

Day 16: Reflection

I ran a mile and a half this morning and it was EASY. I actually picked up speed as I was finishing up. It's less than I've been doing - I really need some sort of pedometer or something because I would like to ramp up to at least 2 miles per run and eventually work my way up to 5 miles. Thus far I've been timing myself by the number of songs that go by on my iPod. Speaking of, here is my September running mix. I posted August a bit late so now I'm trying to catch up:

1. Lilac Wine - Nina Simone
2. With Arms Outstretched - Rilo Kiley
3. Redondo Beach - Patti Smith
4. The Fairest of the Seasons - Nico
5. The World's Not Bad - Smoosh
6. Bulletproof - La Roux
7. Cherry Bomb - The Runaways
8. One Evening (VV Mix) - Feist
9. Strawberries - Asobi Seksu
10. Your Silent Face - Velocity Girl
11. You'll Find A Way Player - Santigold
12. Jenny Come On - Dressy Bessy
My girls. Download it here.

Fudge

I also went to orientation today. I signed up for a volunteer opportunity through GALLOP NYC where I'll be working with horses and disabled riders. I forgot how much it smells! It doesn't smell bad to me at all but the mixture of hay, horse and bedding (it's a nice way to say horse shit) is quite pungent for the first time smeller. The cat was quite perplexed when I returned home tonight.

I'm a little worried about working with disabled kids as it can be unpredictable but there's no way to get over something without jumping right in. I'm just excited that I'll get to work with horses again. Doing good feels good :)

No comments: