Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Greetings & Salutations



These letterpress notecards are from Linda & Harriet, an NYC based company. I love the simplicity and cleanness of their designs.

This morning the damn cat woke me up about 40 minutes before the alarm was due so I hauled myself out of bed to prep some photos for printing with my Print Gocco - maybe I'll make use of that etsy account yet, for something other than buying. It really sucks that the Gocco company is no longer making products but I'm sure there are other inks I can use, with some improvisation. At one BK Flea I was speaking to Bicycle Painting's Taliah Lempert and she mentioned she used to use her Print Gocco a lot until she got a real screenprinting machine and now hardly uses the little one any more. There's just too much work that goes into it and the output is so small. I'm hoping this creative streak that started with the cold weather will carry on into 2009 and beyond. It feels good to make stuff again!

No comments: