Monday, February 2, 2009

30 is the new 12

Happy Birthday to me!
This weekend I celebrated my 30th with my nearest and dearest (minus my family). It was fun- and food-filled, to be sure.

Say BIRTHDAY!
On Saturday, Seth and Michael treated us to brunch at Balthazar, which was definitely decadent. And super delicious! Full reviews to be posted at The Itis but I will say here that the bloody marys were spot on and that bread basket - one of the best things I've ever had.

Afterwards we spent the entire afternoon shopping in Soho. I got a new royal blue shirt but Alex walked away the winner, scoring a butter soft leather jacket for only $140. Not fair!

Sunday Sermon
Yesterday we had brunch at Dovetail, which offers a $28 prix fixe that includes yet another basket with sweet/savory breads, mini appetizers for the table (we each had FOUR appetizers), the main course and then a sampling of desserts for each person. Needless to say, we were quite stuffed as we made our way down to the West Village for happy hour at The Dove. It was great to see a lot of my friends that I haven't seen in way too long.

Bruschetta at 'ino
After happy hour, Alex and I headed to 'ino, one of my favorite NYC spots for some bruschetta and antipasti. AND MORE WINE. I am paying for it now with a monster headache but it was all worth it.

Thank you all for a great birthday.

1 comment:

ana dane said...

a very happy belated birthday...sounds like you celebrated it the proper way, with as much food as possible.