Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Today...

This is a fun idea I got from a blog I follow called Chez Larsson, written by Benita in Sweden. It's mostly about home improvement. She worked for Ikea for a long time and still carries some of the sensibilities of clean Swedish design throughout her home. I go there when I need inspiration on how to live simply. Great photos and ideas.

Today...

Outside my window... overcast and gray - hard to believe it is summer :( Also hard to believe the summer is almost over!

I am thinking... about lunch. I am starving. And about what to do with my last summer Friday.

I am thankful for... my great boyfriend who is handy around the apartment.

From the kitchen... my lunch I packed this morning - meatballs, rice, pickled jalapenos and a salad with mango and radish.

I am wearing... Black Marimekko giraffe-print dress, black belt, blue 80%20 wedge sneakers, lime green striped cardigan.

I am creating... nothing at work. But at home, working on a knit bag and some new jewelry.

I am going... to watch 500 Days of Summer tonight with Ryan. Hopefully.

I'm reading... Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf.

I am hoping... it rains early.

I am hearing... clacketa clacketa clacketa.

Around the house... we are about halfway done with renovating and decorating. But still need: dining table, a bench, 3 chairs. And also, to decide on a color for our kitchen.

One of my favorite things... eating something comforting on a day like this - maybe I will stop at that blasted cupcake truck.

A few plans for the rest of the week... a graduation party tomorrow night at one of my favorite bars The Dove; visit the bead store to see about supplies; Brooklyn Flea on Saturday.

A picture to share...
Tuesday Bento
Lunch! I'm so excited to eat.

No comments: